Help us learn what Rhode Islanders and those using CCAP services are experiencing right now! Information will be used to identify needed resources and programs!
To take the CCAP Community Needs Assessment Survey, visit: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=o8e1vFE3E0S3v8tP8Y57LsKi0ZKg6XpFk7MtXugoyqtUQVlUSFdINFJRNU1BN0xUVlcyMTBMUFdFTy4u
Your participation will enable you to be entered into a raffle for a $100 supermarket gift card.
THANK YOU!Learn More
As part of our continuous effort to provide you with the best possible service, Comprehensive Community Action Program (CCAP) is pleased to announce the launch of our NEW CCAP On-Line Application Platform – apply.ComCap.org
With a goal of expanding access to CCAP Social Services Programs, CCAP apply.ComCap.org application portal will improve clients access to up to date housing and utility assistance program information, allow clients to upload documents and electronically sign applications and making it easy access to benefits.
CCAP is one of Rhode Island’s largest organizations dedicated solely to fighting the war on poverty. Our team of professional provides our clients with a wide spectrum of services and benefits that are designed to help those in immediate need and empower anyone desiring to become more self-sufficient– from health/dental/behavior services, education/job training, family development to housing/food and emergency services, CCAP is here to “Lend a Helping Hand.” For a full list of CCAP programs and services you can go to www.ComCap.org.
If you have any questions, about our new portal please drop us a line at info@ComCap.org or call 401-467-7013.
CCAP’s VITA Preparation Assistance Program is a free Tax Assistance service for low-income workers.
CCAP serves as a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site from January 27th through April 15th. We provide FREE tax preparation for individuals and families earning less than $60,000.
Last year, CCAP’s VITA program filed over 1000 federal tax returns, helping Rhode Island families receive $2 million in refunds without any cost. Our volunteers are trained and certified by the IRS and will help you file your federal and state income taxes. IRS e-file is the most accurate, safest, and fastest way to file your tax return. You can get your refund in as little as 10 days.
CCAP’s tax preparation services are offered at our Cranston location: 311 Doric Avenue, Cranston, RI (lower level). Call us today for an appointment, 401-467-7013.
What to Bring to prepare your taxes…
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITINBirth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable