CCAP’s 2016 Holiday Giving…Holiday Food Drives
OUR GOAL IS TO PROVIDE 1000 FOOD BASKETS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!
Each month CCAP serves over 600 families in need at our Food Bank and we are seeing more and more families having trouble making ends meet and are unable to purchase needed food. The families we serve have lost their jobs, suffered an illness, or a different type of crisis, usually through no fault of their own.
Extra food for the holidays is an even bigger burden for families that need help. This year our Goal is to provide 1000 Baskets for the Holidays!
We would like to ask you to join us in “lending a helping hand during the holidays“ by hosting a CCAP food drive in your church, work place, service group, school or community.
Food needed: frozen turkey, canned corn, canned green beans, canned yams, boxed mashed potatoes, boxed stuffing, canned turkey gravy, canned cranberry sauce, pie crust, canned pie filling, rolls, or $25 grocery gift cards.
Please see the flyer below for a list of needed food items. All food and donations are due by Thursday, November 10, 2016 during business hours 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, 311 Doric Avenue, Cranston, RI 02920 (lower level.) We can also arrange pick-up.
Your support of CCAP is deeply appreciated, 100% of all donations through our CCAP Holiday Food Drive go directly to the families we support. For more information about CCAP and how you can “lend a helping hand” contact Joanne Gregory, Vice President of Social Services at 401-562-8333.
This Holiday Season, when you sit down with your family to celebrate the bounty in your life, another local family will be Giving Thanks for You.Learn More
Cranston Substance Abuse Task Force
It Starts With You Campaign…Talk Early. Talk Often. And Listen.
(Click image to view PSA)Learn More
CCAP Chip for Charity & Community Dinner honoring Allan Fung, Mayor, City of Cranston
Comprehensive Community Action (CCAP) is the largest nonprofit community action program in Rhode Island providing accessible, quality and innovative health and human services that is responsive to the needs of families in our community.
As a non-profit community action program, we need to raise funds to meet the needs of families we serve. A large number of families we serve have lost their jobs suffered an illness or a different type of crisis…usually through no fault of their own. Last year we touched the lives of more than 25,000 people.
To help assist those families in need, we will be hosting the CCAP Chip for Charity 9 Hole Golf Tournament & Community Awards Dinner, Thursday, September 15, 2016, at Harbor Light Country Club in Warwick Neck, Rhode Island. The event will kick-off with a round of golf along beautiful East Greenwich Bay, followed by our CCAP Community Awards Dinner in which we will be honoring longtime supporter, Allan Fung, Mayor of the City of Cranston and CCAP Employees. This is the largest fundraiser we host during the year to benefit CCAP’s programs and services. Last year, CCAP provided $2 million in uncompensated services to those in need in our community.
For information on sponsorship opportunities, golf registration or to purchase tickets, contact Lee Beliveau at 401-562-8353 or email@example.com.
CCAP Head Start Annual Report
Bright futures for children begin with great child care both at home and away. CCAP offers programs for children and their parents that focus on early childhood education and development, mental and physical health, safety, nutrition, family engagement, and parenting.
CCAP Head Start programs promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children through the provision of educational, health,nutritional, social and other services to enrolled children and families. We engage parents in their children’s learning and help them in making progress toward their educational, literacy and employment goals. Significant emphasis is placed on the involvement of parents in the administration of our programs.
CCAP ‘s VITA Tax Preparation Assistance Service
Do you need help with your taxes…CCAP can lend a helping hand with your tax preparation!
CCAP ‘s VITA Tax Preparation Assistance is a free service for low-income workers. Our IRS-trained tax preparers will help you file your federal and state income taxes. Tax preparation services are offered at our Cranston location: 311 Doric Avenue, Cranston, RI (lower level) – call us today for an appointment – 401-467-9610
What to Bring to prepare your taxes…
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
Call us today for an appointment – 401-467-9610 – CCAP ‘s VITA Tax Preparation Assistance.
Help support CCAP in 2016…please give to the CCAP “Lending a Helping Hand” Emergency Crisis Fund.
OUR GOAL IS TO RAISE $10,000 IN 2016!
The CCAP “Lending a Helping Hand” Emergency Crisis Fund is designed to provide limited financial assistance to eligible individuals and families in our community who are experiencing economic hardship due to certain emergency situations.
A personal or family crisis involving an emergency financial need, unexpected medical expenses which exceed insurance provisions resulting in economic hardship, or an uninsured loss due to fire or natural disasters which resulted in economic hardship are just some situations eligible for consideration under this fund. Situations should be short-term or temporary in nature, and not chronic.
Please make a tax-deductible donation the CCAP “Lending a Helping Hand” Emergency Crisis Fund today. You can make an online donation by going to www.ComCap.org or you can mail a check to:
CCAP “Lending a Helping Hand” Emergency Crisis Fund
Attn. Lee Beliveau
311 Doric Avenue
Cranston, RI 02910
For more information about the CCAP “Lending a Helping Hand” Emergency Crisis Fund or our programs and services, please contact Lee Beliveau, Vice President, Development & Corporate Affairs at 401-562-8353 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here To Donate.
Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce & RIRx Card Kick-Off Holiday Food Drive to Benefit CCAP!
Food drive to take
place at locations throughout Rhode Island
November 30 – January 4
The Greater Providence Chamber and the
According to the U.S.
The Chamber and RIRx
Food donations will
“Through our holiday
“Each month CCAP
Food donation sites:
Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce
- 30 Exchange Terrace, 4th Floors, Providence
Dorcas Place – 645 Elmwood Ave., Providence
Connecting for Children and Families – 46 Hope St., Woonsocket
(Drop off times: 6:30am-6:00pm Mon-Fri)
Walgreens – 591 Metacome Ave., Bristol
Walgreens – 1763 Broad St., Cranston
Walgreens – 1074 Mineral Springs Ave., North Providence
Walgreens – 45 Cumberland St., Woonsocket
Rite Aid Pharmacies
Rite Aid – 719 Tiogue Ave., Coventry
Rite Aid – 452 Putnam Pike, Greenville
311 Doric Ave.
1090 Cranston St.
848 Atwood Ave.
155 Gansett Ave.
656 Park Ave.
226 Buttonwoods Ave.
2756 Post Rd.
3027 West Shore Rd.
191 MacArthur Blvd.
172 Exchange St.
Providence Place Mall, 31 Providence Place
Non-perishable items needed:
• Peanut Butter
• Canned & Dried Beans
• Canned Soups & Stews
• Canned Fruits & Vegetables
• Breakfast Cereals
• Whole Wheat Pasta
• Brown Rice
• Boxed Macaroni & Cheese
• Granola Bars
• Tomato Sauce
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Instant Formula
• Boxed Cereal
All items must be unopened, in good condition, and within the listed date. Expired items are not accepted.Learn More
NOW Accepting New Patients in our Coventry and Warwick Health Centers. Call today for an appointment!
Coventry – Family Health Services of Coventry, 191 MacArthur Blvd • Coventry • RI 028160 – (401) 828-5335
Warwick – Primary Care Partners, 2756 Post Road Suite 103 • Warwick • RI 02886 – (401) 384-6007
CCAP provides comprehensive, quality, affordable health, dental and behavioral health care for the entire family.
Our board-certified doctors, nurse practitioners, dentists, hygienists, licensed clinical social workers and other health care professionals are knowledgeable, caring and understanding. They are dedicated to getting you healthy and keeping you healthy.
Our Services Include:
- Women’s Health
- Women’s Cancer Screening
- HIV Testing, Counseling, and Referral Services
- Enrollment, screening and treatment for breast and cervical cancer.
- Free mammograms, PAP testing and office visits for uninsured women 40-64 years old
- Family Planning
- Confidential services for physicals, PAP smears, STD / HIV screening and reproductive-related issues.
- Free and reduced cost contraceptives Women and Men of reproductive age who are uninsured or underinsured
Diabetes and Cardiovascular
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular education: Individual and Group
- Tracking of clinical outcomes
Behavioral Health Counseling
- General Outpatient Psychotherapy
- Substance Abuse Outpatient Counseling
- Adjustment Disorders
- Sexual Abuse Counseling
- Trauma Counseling
- Medical/Health Issues
- Parental Guidance
- Gay & Lesbian/Transgendered Issues
- Access to Recovery (ATR) Assessments
- Victims of Crime Program
- Anger Management Groups for High School-Aged Students
- Substance Abuse Group for High School-Aged Student’s
- Substance Abuse Group for Adults
- Pediatric, adolescent and adult dentistry
- West Bay Smiles: School-based pediatric 2-21 years of age
- Molar Express: Mobile Pediatric Community Dentistry
- Eligibility determination: RIteCare, SNAP, WIC, Head Start, Fuel Assistance, and Social Services.
- Case management
- Pharmaceutical Program
Patient Navigation / Care Management
- Providing support to patients/ families in navigating primary care, referrals, hospitalization and treatment compliance
- Assistance with Health Insurance Enrollment
- Nurse Care Managers
Food and Nutrition
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutritional Program – a statewide program for pregnant and parenting women with infants and children under the age of 5 years.
- Monthly food vouchers to purchase nutritious food
- Nutrition education
- Breastfeeding instruction/counseling
CCAP 2015 Holiday Adopt-a-Family Program
Dear CCAP Friends,
Once again we are organizing our annual “CCAP Adopt-a-Family Program.” Although reports say that the economy has improved, we are still seeing very fragile communities, and our families continue to struggle. We hope that you will assist us in bringing a happy holiday season to them.
The “Adopt-a-Family Program” helps hundreds of local families during the holiday and your commitment to this project would be greatly appreciated.
CCAP makes it easy for you to extend your kindness and generosity to the families in need in our community by helping in two ways:
• you can adopt a family and we can provide you with their wish list; or
• you can make a monetary donation. A donation of $300 will adopt an entire family!
Your gift, large or small, can make a difference for a joyous holiday for a family in need.
All donations are due by Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 311 Doric Avenue, Cranston, RI 02910. For more information, please contact Joanne Gregory at 401-562-8333 or email@example.com.
Thank you once again for joining us in lending a hand and making a difference in our community!Learn More