Health Equity is achieved when every person has the opportunity to attain their full health potential and no social position or social determinant can disadvantage their opportunity.
The Cranston Health Equity Zone (HEZ) is a resident-driven initiative aimed at addressing the root causes of health disparities in Arlington, Stadium and Laurel Hill neighborhoods.
Comprehensive Community Action Program (CCAP) is proud to be the backbone agency for the Cranston Health Equity Zone. The Cranston Health Equity Zone is comprised of the following organizations who are partnering to create healthy places for people to live, learn, work and play:
- Cranston Police Department
- Cranston Family Center/ COZ
- Cranston Department of Senior Services
- Cranston Substance Abuse Task Force
- Cranston Public Library
- Cranston YMCA
- Center for Southeast Asians (CSEA)
- Rhode Island Parent Information Network HousingWorks at Roger Williams University
- The Providence Center/ Anchor Recovery and Wellness center