Times of need can occur quickly and without warning.
CCAP is here to help individuals and families weather the storm and land safely and securely on their feet again.
- CCAP Catastrophe Fund
- Food Bank Hours: Monday, Tuesday & Friday: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm & 2 – 4 pm, Wednesday: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm & 2:30 – 6:30 pm, Thursday: 10 am – 1pm. No appointments are necessary during regular hours – we serve on a "first come first served basis" If you are a new client, we ask that you identify yourselves so we may start your client paperwork.
- Free tax preparation EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit)
- Clothing and furniture:
- The RI Donation Exchange Program is a nonprofit social enterprise managed by CCAP which offers qualified individuals and families furniture through the RI Donation Exchange Discount Program. RI Donation Exchange Program is located at 100 DuPont Drive in Providence, 02907 – Hours of Operation: Tuesday – Friday- 8:00 am-3:00 pm and Saturday - 9:00 am-1:00 pm.
- Affordable housing
- Eviction assistance
- CCAP is a partner of
CCAP 's 2019 VITA Tax Preparation Assistance Service opens on January 29th and runs through April 30, 2019.
CCAP serves as a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site. We provide FREE tax preparation for individuals and families earning less than $54,000.
Last year, CCAP's VITA program filed over 1000 federal tax returns, helping Rhode Island families receive $1.6 million in refunds without any cost. Our VITA tax preparers are trained and certified by the IRS and will help you file your federal and state income taxes at no cost.
CCAP's tax preparation services are offered at our Cranston location: 311 Doric Avenue, Cranston, RI (lower level). Call us today for an appointment, 401-467-7013.
What to bring to prepare your taxes:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- Self-employment income must be documented with business expenses not to exceed $10,000
Food Bank Hours: Mon - Fri, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm and on Wednesdays, 4pm - 6pm.