Skip to content

Emergency Assistance

Times of need can occur quickly and without warning.

CCAP is here to help individuals and families weather the storm and land safely and securely on their feet again.

Services Include:

  • Catastrophe Fund
  • Food Bank - Food Bank Hours: Mon - Fri, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm and on Wednesdays 4pm - 6pm. NEW Food Bank clients, please call to make an appointment for an initial intake.
  • Free tax preparation EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit)
  • Emergency clothing and furniture
  • Affordable housing
  • Eviction assistance

Lending a Helping Hand Holiday Food Drive

CCAP 's 2018 VITA Tax Preparation Assistance Service opens on January 22nd and runs through May 11th

CCAP serves as a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site from January 22nd through May 11, 2018 . We provide FREE tax preparation for individuals and families earning less than $54,000.

Last year, CCAP's VITA program filed over 1000 federal tax returns, helping Rhode Island families receive $1.6 million in refunds without any cost. Our VITA tax preparers are trained and certified by the IRS and will help you file your federal and state income taxes at no cost.

CCAP's tax preparation services are offered at our Cranston location: 311 Doric Avenue, Cranston, RI (lower level). Call us today for an appointment, 401-467-7013.

What to bring to prepare your taxes:

  • Proof of identification (photo ID)
  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
  • Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
  • Self-employment income must be documented with business expenses not to exceed $10,000

For more information or to make an appointment, please call 467-9610.